Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life is almost back to normal! :)

Well, our houseguests have left and our children really loved getting to know two of their cousins!

We were so lucky to have a really good snow the second day after they arrived, so the two boys could experience their first snowball fight, snowman, sledding, etc. Great fun!

Here is a group photo of the whole bunch of us. A lovely lady sent us money for a family outing so we all went to Amazing Jakes which was GREAT fun for everyone! The adults especially enjoyed the Go Karts, even "Ouma" rode once or twice :) Thank you my dear friend for treating our family, and being part of creating some very special memories!


Today was "Take Your Child To Work Day" so DD7 got to go this time much to her delight.



It was the first time she got to participate in this day, and she's still there with DH as I write this, and thoroughly enjoying herself!


At lunch time the rest of us drove out there and had lunch together at a buffet restaurant and then all the other children got to tour Daddy's work as well.


In taking the children to DH's work I again avoided any highways. I get ridiculously panicked when I have to drive on a highway/freeway. I don't know why, but I was glad to find out today that I'm not alone in this fear. Fear of road travel is called Hodophobia, but I'm more fearful of highways/freeways, especially either merging onto a highway or having other vehicles merge onto the highway in the lane I'm in... I can't even stand it when DH is driving and I have been known to close my eyes when there are lots of cars merging onto the highway (when DH is driving, not when I'm driving! LOL!) How to get over it? I don't know.

Anyway, enough of that. We had a lovely lunch and the children really enjoyed seeing where DH works, I think that's important for them to know and see.

Our garden is coming alive and all the bulbs that were here before we bought this house and coming up everywhere, it's so pretty! Here are a few photos from yesterday:







Well, that's all for now, I'm sure everyone is enjoying the return of Spring and getting those veggie gardens started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...