Saturday, May 7, 2011

Our New Goats


Well, we finally settled on Alpines as our goat of choice.  We've been watching available goats for quite a while now, and when Ping and her baby became available we were very interested.  We went to pick them up today and they are BEAUTIFUL!  As you can see above though, we definitely need a small livestock trailer.  Though the trip wasn't bad and both animals lay down most of the way.  I feel sad for the lady who sold them though, I have become quite attached to Lilly in just the one week we've had her, after a year it would be especially hard to have to say goodbye.

What is it about goats?  I never thought I would like them as much as I do.  They seem somewhat vulnerable, yet they are so funny.  They can be very loving, I know Lilly is, and I expect Ping will be very similar.  Oh, the doeling is Dora.  She's very pretty, but our kiddos have decided her name will have to be changed, I guess none of them were very big Dora (the Explorer) fans, LOL.  

Anyway, here are pics of our new goats, we're already in love!

Dora and Ping

Ping

Lilly investigating the new additions

So beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Oh they are beautiful!! You'll love the Alpines!! So many people tod me not to get them because of their pushy temperments, but I just adore them! They are so clever & friendly.....how can you NOT fall in love with 'em? My mother in law lectured me stating that my blog has more goat pictures than pics of my kids!!! lol

    I can totally relate to needing a trailer! Well, I have one, but it's open top & I need a hitch on my lil SUV to pull it... I decided I wanted to add some Lamanchas so when I drove out to get my first one recently, he rode in a dog crate in my Nitro, lol

    Really enjoyed your blog, following you now so I can watch for updates & pictures :-)

    -Crystal
    http://noodlevilleadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed Crystal over here! :P

    We have Alpines too and I just love them. We did buy a small stock trailer - we have a donkey and that's the only way we can transport her. But honestly, we only ever put goats in there if we are carrying more than two. Usually they just bed down with some hay in the back of the van! And yes...it smells like goat in the van! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...