Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I am fortunate enough to have not just one or even two wonderful women to say Happy Mother's Day to, but THREE of them.
My mama - my biological mother. A lovely lady who understands me like no other.

My mother-in-law - I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful MIL. She made me feel like part of her family from the very start and I love her and the rest of my DH's family as if they were my own blood relatives.
My USA mama - a precious lady who started out as a family friend of my DH's family. She quickly became just as dear to me as my other two mothers.

Each of these dear ladies holds a very special place in my heart and I am so blessed to have them as part of my life.
I was terribly spoiled by my family for Mother's Day. DH let me sleep late and woke me at 9 am with a cup of coffee. Once I was awake my children came in with hand made cards (my favorite kind!) and little gifts from each of them. My hubby gave me a new quilting rotary cutting mat that has all the quilt template shapes on it. It's a nice size for quilt cutting.


When I came downstairs the children had two lots of handpicked flowers waiting for me. Aren't they lovely? I especially like the simplicity of the first arrangement.

After a quick breakfast of fruit we left for the historic farm museum. I LOVE it there. There are two different homesteads there, the one is from the 1860's and the other from the 1890's. We usually start with the 1860's farm, but this time we decided to start with the 1890's farm. It has a fully functional Barn, Blacksmith Shop, Farm House, Coop, Garden and Fishing Dock.

After that we broke for lunch. We had a picnic in the park. Fishing sandwiches - yum!

After lunch we toured the 1860's farm, also fully functional. It consists of an Orchard with bee hives, Cow Paddock, Pig Pen, Cabin (tiny!), Barn, Root Cellar, Coop/Shed, Sheep Shed, four crop fields, School House and an Ice House.

It really is a wonderful place to spend a lovely day.

My DH always insists that I not do ANY work on Mother's Day, so I had the day off from everything. He and the children really treated me like a queen all day, it was wonderful and I feel truly blessed to have the family I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...