Thursday, March 6, 2008

Beautiful Long Skirts

UPDATE 04/17/2011:

Here are updated links for making the skirt: Part One and Part Two. Many thanks to MrsMamaHen for her wonderful tutorial!

I have long admired really long wrap around skirts and finally gave in and purchased one. Once I got it, it was so simple to make I knew I could sew it myself... but... I'm not very good at figuring out patterns, so I checked the 'net to see if someone had already done so. Much to my delight I found connimom's blog and she has the directions on there. I made a black skirt a couple of months ago, and sewed another one yesterday.

Really easy and you can put one together in an afternoon. The hardest part is finding fabric 58 - 60" wide!

Here is a skirt I made yesterday afternoon.

If you love long skirts, give this one a try! If you can cut fabric and sew in a straight line, you can make this skirt!

4 comments:

  1. thank you so much! i have been looking for simple directions for this off and on all day!
    thank you.
    hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    thank you for your post. I want to do this skirt and I am not good with patterns also :) but the blog you quote does not exist any more. Can you help me giving me the instructiosn you learned there?

    Sorry for my English, I am from Brazil

    God bless
    Julie Judice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, if you would send me your email address, I'll email you the directions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, email to: coloradoclfamily@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...