Monday, March 17, 2008

Birthday Boy!



Our youngest turned a whole four years old today. Four! I'm not used to having a young child without having a "babe in arms" as well, so this is a new experience for me, and I'm loving it!

Family tradition is to go into the birthday person's room before they're awake and we all sneak in and then wake them up with the Happy Birthday song. After that DS opened up his gifts which pretty much revolved around cars and also a mini skateboard. His grandparents all sent him an email, he also got a card with money in and they also called later in the day to speak to him in person :) He also got an email from one of his aunties and a dear friend :) Unfortunately we have no photos of the opening of gifts because our camera battery was dead.

We had a little family party today, unfortunately DH couldn't be home with us, but we had him on speaker phone while we sang happy birthday and brought in the cake.


DS4 is not a big fan of cake, so instead of cake I made brownies and decorated them with Hot Wheels cars, and followed through with theme plates, hats and napkins, he loved it!


The party quickly evolved to meltdown silliness and hilarity, as can be witnessed from these photos:






This afternoon he got a card and money in the mail from a very special family friend.


I also decided to buy some of those "twisty" balloons with the intention of entertaining the kids with my amazing creations. Well, I guess in a way that's exactly what I did! They were very amazed by my supposed dog that had a long tail, non-existant body, huge ears and tiny nose. They were also very entertained by my dog that had a teeny tail, huge ears and long nose - they decided it was an anteater. When your kids are laughing so hard they can hardly stand up straight.. well.. I guess that means they're amused and very entertained! Ha.

DS9 watched my feeble attempts and quickly twisted up a perfectly proportioned balloon dog.


Hm... better luck next time mama!


DS4 also got to choose a movie to watch, which was Cars.. what other movie could you possibly expect a wheel loving little boy to choose?!


All in all, our cute little boy had a WONDERFUL day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...