Thursday, March 20, 2008



March 20th marks our first day of Spring here in the US! Our weather was sunny and wonderfully warm and our lovely hens chose to celebrate the occasion by each laying an egg! That's right THREE eggs today! The one on the left is suspected of being a double yolk. We'll find out this weekend when we crack them all open for Saturday breakfast!



We chose to celebrate the start of Spring by planting flower seeds.


The children all got to choose four different flowers from my apparently never ending flower seeds supply.



DS4 chose to plant a wildflower, a black eyed susan, a blue morning glory and cosmos.



DD7 chose to plant a marigold, blue morning glory, forget-me-not and a pink morning glory.



DS9 chose to plant a shade wildflower, forget-me-not, morning glory and marigold.



DD11 chose to plant a daisy, cosmos, forget-me-not and a snap-dragon.



DD13 planted a sweet-pea, snap-dragon, phlox and foxglove.

Exciting stuff! We also went out to start gathering supplies for our chicks which will be arriving at the start of April. In the next couple of days we'll be getting delivery of topsoil and aged manure so we can start filling our raised beds.


Spring is wonderful. I think I love it so much because it gives us just a small taste of how amazing it must have been when God created the world. To see each new and lovely thing.

When you plant a tiny seed in the ground and witness a new plant growing from that tiny seed and how perfect the whole process is.. you're witnessing the awesome beautiful power of God.


In moments like these,
I sing out a song, I sing out a love song to Jesus,

In moments like these,
I sing out a song, I sing out a love song to Him.

Singing I love you Lord, Singing I love you Lord,
Singing I love You Lord, I love You.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you find your little egg cups? I need some and haven't found any around here...ebay or amazon is where I'll have to go I'm sure...I want to soft boil some and serve them in their little cups! LOL. Also I love the see saw. Oh, was the longish egg and double? We got almost 10 of them last year. It was funny though since when they first started to lay, the doubles they laid had little yolks the size of nickles or smaller! :-) Too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...