Monday, April 11, 2011

Fruit trees galore.. and more!

This weekend we worked on getting our newest order of fruit trees planted. They all got planted in the "horseshoe field" that our driveway encircles. We ordered 2 peach trees, 2 pear trees, 1 cherry tree, 1 plum tree and a brown turkey fig tree from Stark Brothers. We also got a gooseberry bush from Henry Fields as part of their free $25 order promotion. The fig and gooseberry bush got planted in our soft fruit area. Now I'd love to be able to impress you with photos of these trees.. but really they just look like sticks. But in case you don't believe me.. here's a pic for you of three of the trees. We have surrounded them with cages to protect them from the marauding chickens and dogs.


And while I'm here, I may as well share some photos of things that are starting to bloom, it's an exciting time of year on the farm!

Strawberries starting to do their thing!

The grapevines are starting to waken and push out shoots.

I planted some mint in the small little garden area at the bottom of our deck steps. The chickens are leaving it alone and I'll be able to contain it easily enough. Plus it's really handy for picking for the kitchen.

I love Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...